From the camps hidden in the woods for the younger kids to train their outdoor skills, to the well-structured residential summer programs throughout the elite boarding schools for the younger teens to explore their academic interests while familiarizing themselves with the boarding life, or the summer precollege programs widely spread at college campuses for the young adult students to challenge the academic rigors and experience the college life, summer programs vary by ages, locations and expectations. The following goals are atop among the successful summer achievers we advised in the past decade.
- Improve academic readiness and study skills that are vital to further learning environment
- Explore the new things and train resilience, independence and confidence
- Build up meaningful connections with the others in a diverse community
- Work with the well-established music or art instructors or coaches to hone their artistic or athletic skills
- Gain the personal experience that lights up their coming applications
Gap Year is a brand new concept to Chinese families. It takes time for the Chinese students and parents to understand and accept it. However, when more Chinese students move to the western countries to pursue education, it’s necessary for them to meditate on Gap Year Programs that have been seconded by hundreds of university presidents, admissions deans and educators. As the first cohort of educational consulting firm in China to provide the Gap Year program counseling service, our students has benefited and excelled from various gap year programs worldwide. We see the Gap Year program may bring the following impacts to the Chinese students.
- Strengthen self-awareness, independence, confidence
- Hone the resilient skills to stand out in a new environment
- Understand and manage their expectation of themselves
- Expand their knowledge about the diversity of the global community
- Prepare them for the college life as standouts or leaders